Sarah B. Reynolds, MScN
High achieving, goal oriented, strategic-minded professional with diverse expertise in research, management, fundraising, grant writing and nutrition education seeks a management position where my collaboration, relationship development and customer service skills are utilized to improve community health outcomes.
Research Intern, Spring 2017
The OHSU Bob & Charlee Moore Institute for Nutrition and Wellness – Portland, OR
- Conducted extensive research on the Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (DOHaD).
- Created “Building Human Resilience” educational materials for a free on-line platform offered to high school and college instructors.
Grant writer, October 2014 – May 2015
The Curriculum of Cuisine – Portland, OR
- Identified, created and submitted strategically focused private and corporate foundation proposals in support of burgeoning nutrition education program for high school students.
Chef Instructor and Food Pantry Demo Chef, July 2013 – February 2015
Cooking Matters Program, Oregon Food Bank – Portland, OR
- Lead four, six-week basic cooking skills and nutrition classes for more than 40 low-income participants.
- Created lesson plans using Cooking Matters curriculum and guidelines.
- Oversaw four volunteer teams in diverse program settings.
- Inspired food pantry participants to try new foods; developed recipes incorporating food pantry staples.
Development & Auction Director, October 1996 – July 1999
Metropolitan Family Service – Portland, OR
- Cultivated a broad donor and volunteer base, and managed outreach efforts.
- Coordinated all fundraising activities for $2.2 million social service agency.
- Planned and organized multiple board and committee meetings annually.
- Managed all event details for largest annual fundraiser. Increased revenues 138% over 3 years.
- Established an agency-wide marketing and communications plan. Collaborated with staff to implement plan and promote organizational mission.
- Managed development assistant and office volunteers.
Research and Database Coordinator, September 1995 – September 1996
Sisters of Saint Mary of Oregon – Portland, OR
- Maintained donor database. Performed data entry and data maintenance tasks.
- Researched new database software and lead systematic data conversion.
- Analyzed stakeholder data, through high-level segmentation, to inform development strategies.
- Wrote targeted grants for campus improvements.
- Trained staff in proper use and coding of database constituent records.
Job Shadow Program Coordinator, April 1993 – August 1995
Roosevelt High School – Portland, OR
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to create experiential learning opportunities for 100 students annually.
- Coordinated and engaged students in unique, first-hand experiences to gain educational and professional insight into a variety of careers.
Master of Science in Nutrition
The National University of Natural Medicine – Portland, OR
Colby College – Waterville, ME